Lesson 4: Noah's Ark
Supplies: The Beginner’s Bible: Timeless Children’s Stories (younger children), Personal Bible (older children), Noah’s Ark Craft
Key Learning: God keeps His promise to take care of all who love Him like Noah did.
Key Verse: Not one of all the good promises that the Lord made failed. All came to pass. (Joshua 21:45)
Today’s Song: God Told Noah to Build an Ark-y, Ark-y
CHORUS: Rise and shine and give God the glory, glory. (2 times), Rise and shine and (CLAP) give God the glory, glory. Children of the Lord.
God told Noah to build and ark-y, ark-y (2 times), Build it out of (CLAP) hickory barky, barky, Children of the Lord. CHORUS
The animals they came on, they came on by twosies, twosies (2 times), Elephants and (CLAP) kangaroosies, roosies, Children of the Lord. CHORUS
It rained and poured for forty daysies, daysies (2 times), Nearly drove those (CLAP) animals crazy, crazy, Children of the Lord. CHORUS
The sun came out and dried up the landy, landy (2 times), Everything was (CLAP) handy dandy, dandy, Children of the Lord. CHORUS
This is the end of, the end of the story, story (2 times), Everything was (CLAP) hunky-dory, dory, Children of the Lord. CHORUS
Prayer Time Bible Lesson: Younger Children: Read together “Noah’s Ark” found on pages 26 to 33 in The Beginner’s Bible: Timeless Children’s Stories.
Older Children: Read Genesis chapters 6-8, 9:8-17.
Family Discussion Questions about Genesis 6-9
1. Why did God pick Noah to build his ark?
2. Which animals are you glad God had Noah bring on the ark?
3. What do you think it would have been like to stay on the ark for months until the rain ended and the land was finally dry?
4. After the flood ended, what did God promise Noah and his family?
5. What is the importance of the rainbow?
6. What happens when you break a promise?
7. How so you feel when someone breaks a promise with you?
8. What kinds of promise do you think should never be broken?
Craft: Noah’s Ark Craft Use the stickers to fill the ark with Noah and his wife and the pairs of animals. If you like, glue the ark to the back of the sticker sheet for sturdiness and color a sky for the sun, cloud, and raindrop stickers.
Activity #1 Make Rain Sounds
1) Start by rubbing your 2 index fingers together
2) then index finger and middle finger (rub together)
3) whole hands
4) tap legs
5) tap legs and stamp feet (thunder)
6) take away stamping feet
7) tap legs
8) rub whole hands
9) rub two fingers
10) rub one finger
11) and stop
Activity #2 Animal Walk Song (sing to the tune of “Mulberry Bush” as you show the walk)
1) This is the way the elephant walks, the elephant walks, the elephant walks. This is the way the elephant walks going to the ark.
2) kangaroo hops
3) horses gallop
4) rabbit hops.
5) tigers creep.
Closing Prayer Time: Pray for people you know who need to know God’s love.